Dear GeriPal community,
We are concerned about hearing and communication difficulties among patients during this time of the coronavirus pandemic and increased use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
We created a survey to begin to understand the issues that you are facing. With this information, we intend to advocate for better policies and resources to overcome barriers and obstacles for those with hearing difficulty in healthcare settings.
We invite you to take our anonymous Qualtrics® survey which will take about 8-10 minutes to complete.
UCSF Hearing Loss Awareness Workgroup
- Sasha S. Binford, RN, MS, PhD, AGCNS-BC, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- Irene Cole, RN, PhD, COS-C, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- James Deardorff, MD, Geriatrics Fellow
- Todd James, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine
- Megan Rathfon, RN, MA, MSN, AGNP-BC, Geriatrics ACE Coordinator
- Stephanie Rennke, MD, Professor of Medicine
- Margaret Wallhagen, PhD, GNP-BC, Professor, Department of Physiological Nursing